Access Statement for Mont Millais
We aim to cater for the needs of all who visit the Mont Millais. We have 8 guest bedrooms, 1 of which is on the ground floor, this is a family room and is close to the front entrance. It is not wheelchair accessible, and has a wash-basin, toilet & shower in the en-suite. The other 7 bedrooms are located on the first and second floor levels. The following statement is a summary of our provision.
• We are 1/2 mile from the city centre - a walk of approx. 10 minutes.
• There is a bus stop close to our front, and there is a frequent bus service.
• The train station is 5 minutes. away by car.
• There are a number of local taxi services that have accessible taxis if required. We can supply contact numbers so that you may make a booking if required.
• Our website - www.montmillais.co.uk - provides pictures of a selection of our guest rooms and further information about the services we provide.
• You can contact us by telephone - email. Please see the 'contact information section of this document for full details
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
• Please advise us of your anticipated arrival time so that we can be sure we are here to welcome you.
• On arrival, we ask all guests to call at our front entrance and ring the bell.
• The front is all blocked paved with a footpath and parking bays marked out with free parking for 6 cars.
• The car park has a level surface with 4 steps (av.ht. 18cm.) up to the level of front door.
• We also have a secure motorbike park (the gates are kept locked) at the rear.
• The car park is illuminated during the hours of darkness.
• We are able to assist guests with luggage if this is required.
Main Entrance & Reception
• The front porch entrance has a series of 3 steps (av. ht. 18cm.) leading up to the front door. The front door is always locked but we do have a bell, The door is 96cm wide.
• Entrance is into our tiled (original Victorian tiles) Reception Hall (approx. 2.5m. x 6m.) On arrival, guests are required to complete our registration form and are then shown to their rooms and our facilities are explained.
Public Areas - General (Internal)
• Our Dining Room, Bar and 1 en-suite small family room on the ground floor. The ground floor corridor leading to our family room is 2.5m. wide and is tiled
• The covering on the stairs and upstairs corridors is short-pile fitted carpet. There are 16 stairs leading to a small landing followed by a further 4 stairs to the middle landing and first floor bedrooms (3 en-suite family rooms, There are 12 stairs leading to a small landing followed by a further 6 stairs to the upper landing and top floor bedrooms (1 Double, 2 King, 1 Single en-suite rooms, The stairs are 16cm. high, 28cm.deep and 90cm. wide.
Public Areas - WC
• There is a public WC available. on the ground floor 120cm x 80cm with a toilet and wash hand basin
Restaurant / Dining Room, Bar
• Breakfast is served in our Dining Room on the ground floor and is accessed from our Reception Hall. The entry is level and the door width is 80cm. There are 5 tables each seating 2 people and 3 tables each seating 4 people, we have 2 high chairs available if required. and a booster seat also available The 3 large tables are 125cm long x 70cm wide, they are 72cm high and the 5 small tables are 75cm x 75cm they also are 72cm high. Chairs have backs but are without arms. Menus may be provided in larger print by prior arrangement. Soft background music is played during breakfast
• Vegetarian, vegan, gluten free and all other diets can be catered for.
• Laundry facilities are not available on the premises but there is a launderette within a 5 min. walking distance, The Launderette 32 Travis Street, 07716 622371 / 07790 499316
• The nearest shopping facility is the Premier Corner Shop within a 5 min. walking distance. A wide range of shops are available in Bridlington, a walk of 5-10 minutes.
• Dreamweaver Aromatherapy is a 5 min walk, 81 promenade 01262 672384
• The Leisure Centre offers a swimming pool and gym within 15 minutes walking distance on the sea front.
• There is central heating throughout the house. The temperature of each guest bedroom is controlled by thermostatic controls on the radiators. The beds are made with all-season duvets. Each bedroom has a hospitality tray with tea, coffee, and a bottle of water. In each room there is a hair dryer, and a combi-TV/DVD with remote control. A small DVD library is available for guest use. Each room has storage space which usually consists of a wardrobe, chest of drawers and bedside cabinet.
• Average bed-height is 58cm; average width of doorways (room entrance) is 75cm (some are larger!). En-suite facilities, en-suite doorways average width is 74cm.; average WC height is 40cm; average height of wash-basins is 85cm.
• Ground floor, Guest bedroom no.0 is an en-suite family room (approx. 5m x 4.5m) with 1 double bed and 1 single bed. The entrance doorway is 75cm wide; bed height 56cm; en-suite doorway 74cm wide. There are 2 Wicker chairs in the room, the en-suite has a shower, wash-basin and toilet. The step into the shower is 10cm.
• We have found that this room is suitable for any guest with a restrictive movement.
• Our staircase leads to our middle landing (approx. 2m x 3m). Which leads to rooms 1, 2 and 3, and a staircase which leads to the top floor
• First floor- Guest bedroom no.1 is an en-suite family room (approx. 4.5m x 4.5m) with 1 double bed and 1 single bed. There is 1 Wicker chair in the room, It has an en-suite shower room with an 18cm step into the shower cubicle.
• - Guest bedroom no.2 is a large family room (approx. 5.5m x 4.5m). with 1 double bed and 1 set of bunk beds. There are 2 Wicker chairs in the room, It has a bath with shower, toilet and sink with a 50cm step into the bath.
• - Guest bedroom no.3 is a large family room (approx. 5.5m x 4.5m). with 1 double bed and 1 set of bunk beds. There are 2 Wicker chairs in the room, It has an en-suite shower room with an 18cm step into the shower cubicle.
• Our staircase leads to our upper landing (approx. 2m x 3m) which leads to rooms rooms 5, 6, 7, and 8.
• 2nd floor, Guest bedroom no.5 is an en-suite Double room (approx. 4m x 4.5m) with 1 double bed. It has an en-suite shower room with an 18cm step into the shower cubicle. There is a 2 wicker chairs in the room. This room has some height restrictions.
• - Guest bedroom no.6 is an en-suite four poster room (approx. 5m x 4.5m) with 1 king bed. It has an en-suite shower room with an 18cm step into the shower cubicle. There is a 2 seater sofa in the room. This room has some height restrictions.
• - Guest bedroom no.7 is an en-suite king room (approx. 5m x 4.5m) with 1 king bed and 1 single bed. It has an en-suite shower room with an 18cm step into the shower cubicle. There are 2 wicker chairs in the room. This room has some height restrictions.
• - Guest bedroom no.8 is an en suite single room (approx. 4m x 4.5m) with 1single bed. It has an en-suite shower room with an 18cm step into the shower cubicle. There is 1 wicker chair in the room. This room has some height and width restrictions.
Attractions (Displays, exhibits, rides etc.)
• To the sea front is a 3 min walk and they are rides, a big wheel and lots of other attractions
• There is a fire extinguisher in the entrance hall, middle landing and another at the top landing of the guest stairs.
• In the event of a fire the fire alarm will sound. Please advise us if you have a hearing impairment and might not hear this.
• The building can be evacuated via the Front door at the bottom of the guest stairs, or the back door from the entrance hall.
• The fire assembly point is on the footpath located on trinity road.
• We do not permit smoking in any part of the house but you may smoke outside of the front door where a ash tray is provided
• We are happy to cater for special diets or any particular likes or dislikes, please advise us of these before your arrival.
• We are happy to refrigerate any medication. We can also keep any perishables in our fridge for a limited period.
• Mobile phone reception is generally ok but in some of the surrounding area there is no signal.
64 Trinity road,
• Telephone: 01262 601890
• Email: email@example.com
• Website: www.montmillais.co.uk
• Hours of operation: we are open all year round with a few days off in winter
Check out is 10.00am
Check in from 2.00pm
No walk-in bookings taken after 9.00pm
• Emergency number: 01262 601890
• in 2008-2009 we plan on building an extension on the rear of the property and are going to create a new four poster suite out of room 1
We welcome your feedback to help us continuously improve if you have any comments please phone 01262 601890 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Created on: 04/09/2008